Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More running sights

The hills beside Muizenberg are a treasure trove of things to see. I ran up to Muizernberg peak again yesterday, and here's what I saw.

I kept noticing scurrying on the rocks, and it didn't take me long to see that some species of geckos lived in the neighbourhood. This was a good morning to sun themselves on the rocks.
Some sort of gecko (yes, this is the best shot I got)
Many people pray and worship on in the hills. It's common to hear chanting and observe people in a trance-like state. I tried to be discrete as I took a quick picture of this man praying.
Man praying and chanting
He was chanting loudly, repeating the word "baba" throughout. It seems to mean "father" in many languages (such as Turkish), though Google translate says it means "baby" in Afrikaans. In any case, I'm pretty sure he's not referring to the Baba I know.

Finally, my reward for the 490m climb. A 360o panorama from the top of Muizenberg peak. (click on it to see a larger version)

No comments:

Post a Comment